Friday, November 13, 2009

the world has shifted

This has been working on me for a while. I left this writing sit to be sure I really believed it. 


For all of us that have experienced this shift, I feel there is an obligation for us to spread the word - to help others to have eyes and ears to hear this new world order that is evolving. 


Maybe you've only had a moment where it seemed like the group really came together - lots of energy - no egos - generosity of spirit -love. That is the new way of being in the world.

So here are my thoughts on this -

A Small Group, Open Space, Art of Hosting, World Café, Women’s Circles, and more are modeling a new (old) way of gathering, of being in community and of doing business. The modern world model of community held us hostage to hierarchy, command and control – required a charismatic leader who held all the power.

In the new model of gathering – community – we share the roles and responsibilities of leadership and embrace the wisdom of the elders and the young.

When we are in community our whole is greater than our parts. Both, we and community increase in our capacity to think complexly – and simplify and clarify who we are and what we want for the collective.

Modeling a healthy community process (like A Small Group community) has increased my capacity to think, sit with dissent (still much room for improvement), be creative, affirm, value differences, give and receive gifts. I carry this with me where ever I show up and risk sharing with our “modern” communities. I am challenged to be bolder in asking for what I need from my community and taking responsibility for my own experience.

It is not easy to be brave and risk dissent.

What happens for me every time we gather in these ancient ways – my spirit soars. It is like a caged bird that has been set free. These new/old ways so resonate with me that my spirit recognizes them immediately – even before my brain understands why I am flooded with such a feeling of coming home.

I'm inviting you to join me in this journey. Will you accept the offer?

No comments:

Post a Comment